We went into the 2019 session focused on building an economy that expands opportunity for all, investing in our future, and protecting the Colorado Way of Life. This year we were able to move forward on measures to lower the cost of health care, invest in education, build a fair economy, address climate change, tackle the opioid crisis, reform our criminal justice system, and help hardworking Coloradans get ahead.
Here are the bills I sponsored:
- Board Of Education Executive Session Negotiations Strategy: HB19-1201
- Allows for School Boards to meet in executive session to discuss strategies for negotiations concerning collective bargaining or employment contracts.
- Sponsored by Representative Kipp, Representative Wilson, Senator Coram, and Senator Story
- Passed and Signed by the Governor (April 12, 2019)
- Counting Special Education In Graduation Rates: HB19-1066
- Clarifies that a student in special education services must be counted as part of the graduation rate.
- Sponsored by Representative Buentello, Representative Kipp, and Senator Foote
- Passed and Signed by the Governor (March 7, 2019)
- International Baccalaureate Exam Fee Grant: HB19-1222
- Makes funds available to further reduce or eliminate the International Baccalaureate fee for low-income students.
- Sponsored by Representative Kipp, Representative McCluskie, and Senator Story
- Passed and Signed by the Governor (As of May 16, 2019)
- New Appliance Energy And Water Efficiency Standards: HB19-1231
- Updates and adopts standards around energy and water efficiency for consumer and commercial appliances to be phased in over three years.
- Sponsored by Representative Froelich, Representative Kipp, Senator Lee, and Senator Priola
- Senate Repassed (As of May 2, 2019)
- Building Energy Codes: HB19-1260
- Requires local jurisdictions when adopting or updating a building code to adopt an energy code that meets or exceeds one of the three standards of the International Energy Conservation Code(IECC).
- Sponsored by Representative Kipp, Representative Valdez, Senator Winter, and Senator Priola
- Passed, waiting for Governor’s Signature (As of May 13, 2019)
- Sunset Council For Parent Involvement In Education: SB19-161
- Continues the State Advisory Council for parent involvement by recommendation of the department of regulatory agencies for five years.
- Sponsored by Senator Bridges, Senator Story, and Representative Kipp
- Passed and Signed by the Governor (As of May 20, 2019)
- Sunset Podiatry Board: SB19-153
- Implements recommendations of the Department of Regulatory Agencies to have the Podiatry Board continue to regulate podiatrists licensing and practice.
- Sponsored by Senator Fields, Representative Kipp, and Representative Titone
- Passed, waiting for Governor’s Signature (As of May 10, 2019)
- Create Statewide Health Care Review Committee: SB19-015
- Recreates what was formerly called the Health Care Task Force into the Statewide Health Care review committee which consists of no more than ten legislators who will work together to study health care issues affecting Colorado citizens.
- Sponsored by Senator Ginal, Representative Beckman, and Representative Kipp
- Passed, waiting for Governor’s Signature (As of May 16, 2019)