In the 2019 session, we worked to create protections for LGBTQ+ youth, recognition and respect for identity, and ensure that people receive equal pay for equal work.
- Prohibit Conversion Therapy for a Minor: HB19-1129
- The bill prohibits a licensed physician specializing in psychiatry or a licensed, certified, or registered mental health care provider from engaging in conversion therapy with a patient under 18 years of age.
- Equal Pay For Equal Work Act: SB19-085
- Expands wage discrimination laws and requires greater transparency for workers regarding wages and promotions.
- Protecting Against Federal Immigration Overreach: HB19-1124
- This bill helps limit federal overreach and protect the constitutional rights of all people in Colorado by codifying existing court rulings limiting local law enforcement from enforcing federal immigration laws without a judicial warrant and ensuring that immigrants are advised of their rights.
- Identity Documents For Transgender Persons: HB19-1039
- The bill will cut through the red tape for transgender and non-binary Coloradans to have access to identity documents that reflect their authentic selves. Not having updated ID documents interferes with the ability of transgender Coloradans to live their lives openly and honestly.